Food Safety - Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management
Delegates completing this course will gain a better understanding of the requirements to manage the risk of allergenic contamination in a catering environment. Validated by Highfield Qualifications, the programme is particularly suitable for restaurant managers, head chefs, sous chefs, catering managers and owners of takeaways, cafés and sandwich shops.
The qualification is supported by Allergy UK, who regard it as suitable staff training for catering outlets that wish to apply for their Allergy Aware Scheme.
• Common food allergens and intolerances
• Characteristics and effects of allergens
• Management of allergens in a catering environment
• Procedures for communicating allergen risk to consumers
• Ways to manage the risk through the food production chain