Project Management - How to Make Agile Work for You
Venue: Broomfield Hall
Cost (£): 450.00
Providing an understanding of Agile approaches to product
development, this course focuses on three of the Agile methods
– Scrum, DSDM and Kanban – to illustrate how they can be used in different environments. Although Agile originated in software
development, it has now been adopted in engineering, marketing,
HR and administration.
Featuring exercises, case studies, presentations and tutor-facilitated
discussions, this is a practical course which emphasises the collaborative nature of Agile and the flexibility it offers to customers. No technical knowledge is required.
• Background to Agile: issues with the traditional approach, how Agile helps, timeboxing, roots of Agile, Agile lifecycles, product vs. project
• How Agile works: the Agile manifesto, Agile principles, the Cynefin framework, process control: defined vs. empirical, different Agile methods
• The Scrum Framework: Scrum roles, Scrum events, Scrum artifacts
• DSDM - Agile Project Management: the DSDM lifecycle, DSDM roles, timeboxes, MoSCoW prioritisation
• The Kanban Method: workflow visualisation, work in process, Kanban principles, managing flow
• How will you make Agile work for you?
Benefits for the individual
• Learn how to deliver early and often
• Build your collaboration skills
• Become more productive
Benefits for the organisation
• Deliver what the customer needs
• Enable innovation
• Identify and manage bottlenecks