Human Resources - Menopause in the Workplace. And it's only women, right?
Venue: Broomfield Hall
Cost (£): 350.00
As women are working for longer, menopause can get in the way of their work and careers at a time when organisations need to retain their talent and have everyone performing at their best. It is important to remember that men can experience age-related changes in hormone levels too – in what is known as the andropause.
At a time when employment tribunals have been won on the basis of menopausal symptoms, there is a clear onus of responsibility on organisations to look after employees’ wellbeing and foster a culture of inclusivity. By attending this course, you will understand more about what menopause is, how to recognise the symptoms and how you can support people experiencing those symptoms.
• Raising awareness, understanding and education about menopause
• The business benefits of an inclusive workforce
• How to create management trust and a safe space for open conversations
• How to support women and men experiencing menopause symptoms and what reasonable adjustments to consider
Benefits for the individual
• Greater awareness of menopause
• Deeper understanding of how you can be at your best in the workplace
• Knowledge, tools and resources to support you with menopause
Benefits for the organisation
• Employees who feel valued and understood, with higher levels of engagement and loyalty
• Access to a growing and untapped talent pool, reducing recruitment costs and time to hire
• Lower turnover costs and decreased absenteeism
• Higher levels of production and innovation
• A culture where people can be at their best
• Better communication and trust levels between leaders and employees
• Improved customer satisfaction and retention
• Enhanced profile as an employer of choice – recommended by employees as a great place to work