Food Safety - Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management in Catering
Validated by Highfield Qualifications, this qualification is aimed at individuals responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry and is also suitable for those who own/manage a small catering business e.g. owners of takeaways/cafes/sandwich shops, restaurant managers, head chefs, sous chefs and catering managers.
Delegates completing this course will understand the requirements to manage the risk of allergenic contamination in a catering environment. This qualification is supported by Allergy UK, who regard it as suitable staff training for catering outlets that wish to apply for their Allergy Aware Scheme.
• Common food allergens and intolerances
• Characteristics and effects of allergens
• Management of allergens in a catering environment
• Procedures for communicating allergen risk to consumers
• Ways to manage the risk through the food production chain