Human Resources - HR Investigations and Interview Skills
This is a two-day interview skills and investigation course which develops skills and knowledge within HR teams and provides a detailed understanding of how to initiate and develop an investigation.
It equips practitioners with rationalised decision making to support their investigative strategy and the investigative interview skills to understand how to obtain the best information through a structured approach to interviewing people, including both the complainant and the person under investigation.
The course also covers a range of other HR functions including recruitment.
- Types of investigations – discipline, grievance, attendance and safeguarding – an exploration and reinforcement of the key issues and policies affecting HR
- Investigations – what are they?
- Rationalised decision making / ethical decision making – exploration of models to assist and support investigators in taking the appropriate action
- Scenarios and interview preparation briefing with effective peer feedback.
- Leadership and taking responsibility
- Interview scenarios and group feedback
- Investigations from an employment law viewpoint – examination of the role of a solicitor, stated cases and support
- Case reviews best practice and learning
- Q and A session