Leadership and Management - ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) qualifications are internationally recognised and cater to all levels of management, offering a clear route to career progression. The Level 5 qualification focuses on delivering technical knowledge, strategic insight and practical expertise. Qualifications are founded on work-based learning, with assessments based on projects that relate to the employer and ensure learning is relevant and applied.
Benefits for the individual
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation
Benefits for the organisation
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
Becoming an Effective Leader
Credit value: 5
Guided learning hours: 9
Learn to understand your own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role and evaluate your own ability to lead others.
Credit value: 3
Guided learning hours: 8
Develop an understanding of the effectiveness of your organisation and your own ability to manage and improve quality to meet customer requirements. Learn how to plan and implement projects to meet, and if possible exceed, customer requirements.
Please note: the duration of the award is 21 hours, including an enrolment morning and two days tutorial.