Project Management - PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
This course trains you in fully applying the PRINCE2® principles to the running and management of projects. It provides expert tuition and coaching to take you from beginner stage all the way through to becoming a registered PRINCE2® Practitioner.
Days 1 to 3 introduce you PRINCE2® and include foundation stage training, exam preparation and the Foundation Exam 1. The Foundation Exam consists of 75 questions, five of which are trial questions which do not carry a mark. Of the remaining 70 questions, the candidate needs to score 50% or more (i.e. 35 or more) to pass.
Days 4 to 5 cover practitioner training, exam preparation and the Practitioner Exam 2. The Practitioner Exam consists of 80 multiple choice questions over 2.5 hours and a pass mark of 55% is required to become a registered Prince2® Practitioner.
The price of the course covers registration, tuition, materials including your Prince2® textbook, examination, accreditation and full catering during the course. Please note that we do not charge VAT so the price quoted represents the total cost.
- PRINCE2® and project management terminology
- Overview of the method: starting up a project, initiating a project, directing a project, controlling a stage, managing stage boundaries, managing product delivery, closing a project
- Management products: project brief, business case, risk register, quality register, issues register, lesson log, daily log
- Core principles: continued business justification, manage by exception, learn from experience, defined roles and responsibilities, manage by stages, focus on products, tailoring
- Integration with other methods: quality review technique
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes, processes and worked examples of all Prince2® products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Show understanding of the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2® products and apply this understanding
- Demonstrate understanding of the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2®, and what underpins these elements
- Demonstrate ability to tune Prince2® to different project circumstances