People Skills - Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence, simply defined, is the understanding and management of your own emotions, alongside the ability to understand others' emotions and build stronger relationships.
Where else but in today's competitive working world are resilience and communication of such paramount importance?
This course is for you if you are a leader or manager who wants the edge that developing business emotional intelligence provides, leading to greater success for you and the team you lead.
In this interactive one-day course, you are guided through the Emotions and Behaviours at Work (EBW) Business Emotional Intelligence Model. You are provided with a personalised report (on-line pre-course completion required) which benchmarks you against the critical emotions which affect performance at work. You will apply your understanding through activities and practical techniques to enable greater success at work.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Overview of the history of emotional intelligence
- Understanding the steps to becoming an emotionally intelligent leader
- Understanding the emotions that predict success in leaders through the Emotions and Behaviours at Work (EBW) Business Emotional Intelligence Model
- Developing self-awareness - what your blind spots are
- Techniques to become more self-aware
- Understanding others' emotions
- An opportunity to self assess using the EBW Business Emotional Intelligence tool
- An opportunity to consider your self-development areas
- Practical techniques to manage your emotions
- Scenarios to learn and practise building relationships
- Your business EQ development for the future