Leadership and Management - Motivation and Delegation
Suitable for individuals from both public and private sectors, this course is aimed at all senior managers, executives and directors who want to develop and inspire people to take action and to set compelling goals.
We will review the theories and principles involved in motivating individuals and teams:
- Why study motivation?
- Understanding 'motivators' and 'satisfiers'
- Being aware of individual differences
People work well when they have clear goals and objectives that they can focus on achieving. Here we consider the importance of target setting in motivating employees:
- Good quality goals and the 'SMART' criteria
- Writing 'SMART' objectives
- Developing action plans
Effective leaders and managers develop their people and create space for themselves to focus on high-level work by asking employees to take on assignments and projects on their behalf. We will consider:
- Why delegate?
- Barriers to effective delegation
- Understanding the different levels of delegation
- Delegation strategies and your personal delegation style
- Three key success factors in planning to delegate an assignment
- How to run a delegation meeting
- Dealing with resistance and disagreement