People Skills - Effective Communication
Effective communication is the bond which holds organisations and relationships together. This course gives delegates the opportunity to think about and recognise their preferred communication style and the impact it has. It also demonstrates how they can adapt their approach to ensure positive outcomes when communicating with others who may have a different preferred style.
Through discussion, group activities and personal reflection, we will establish what helps and what hinders effective communication. We also identify what personal actions delegates can take to ensure they get their messages across clearly, develop rapport and build relationships face-to-face, by telephone or by email.
- Communication barriers
- Sender and receiver: what’s going on inside?
- Communication styles
- Ensuring understanding
- Assertive communication and behaviour
- Presenting a positive image – face-to-face, by phone and by email
- Action planning
Benefits for the individual
- Increased understanding of your own communication style and how to adapt to develop rapport with others
- Greater awareness of impressions and how to ensure they are positive
- Increased confidence in communicating assertively
Benefits for the organisation
- Clarity of purpose and process within the organisation
- More cohesive teams
- Improved customer relations