Leadership is established over time through teaching, learning and experience and is a set of skills acquired, which when combined; equip you with the ability to lead a team to success.
Consider these 6 behaviours to become an effective leader.
• Self-Awareness of your strengths and weaknesses allows you to understand other people and how they perceive you. This in turn increases trust and credibility within your team. It also allows you to implement change effectively within your organisation.
• Listening not only is essential part of communication between you and your team, it also develops trust, enhances motivation and helps detect and solve problems faster.
• Commitment to advance the welfare of employees. Dedicate time to developing your employee’s skills, through coaching, mentoring and training, to help them become better leaders.
• Empathy not only to identify with others but to accept what others contribute to the company.
• Persuasion will influence many stakeholders to follow a course of action. Having influencing skills will assist with organisational change and development.
• Foresight allows leaders to analyse the past to make informed decisions for the future.
Each person embodies at least some leadership qualities; it is how you use and adapt these that determines your success.
Are you looking to develop yourself or your team? We identify skills gaps and integrate training into your business in order to create instant impact and drive results. Learn more.